Thursday, July 19, 2012

Travel Plans


“Our battered suitcases were piled on the sidewalk again; we had longer ways to go. But no matter, the road is life.” – Jack Kerouac


Yesterday, I booked our flights to and from Boston.  I'm happy that the arrangements have been made and excited that soon I'll be back in the arms of my mother state and among family.  Of course, there are always snaggles in any plans I make and this time is proving to be no different.  Last year, I went up to Mass. alone with my daughter.  Being a business owner, my husband often finds getting away difficult because if he's busy he needs to be here to get things done.  This year, he decided to come up anyway, albeit for a shorter time than we are, which is okay because this allows my Mom and I time to spend alone with Sparkle Fairy.  Lots of the activities we enjoy are not things the Hub Man would be interested in, so if he was there for the duration he'd most likely be bored, and I'd feel bad and, well, you get the picture. 

The snaggle in this otherwise beautifully woven vacation plan is that many of the people in my family don't talk with one another, so every time I go home to visit I need to commence running around to several places or risk missing out on spending time with someone.  Every year someone ends up with hurt feelings, or angry.  Since nobody is in my proverbial shoes, no one knows how I feel being placed in this position, but that hasn't stopped some well intentioned relatives from offering their solutions or criticising me for not choosing the correct plan of action.  I see my Mom once a year for far too short a period of time.  I want to see everyone, but I don't want to miss out on spending as much time with her as I can, and so these trips can be very difficult from a logistical standpoint. It would be so much easier if we just lived there.

Still vision boarding.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do ya think???