Friday, May 17, 2013

After a Long Week....

It's Friday. Blissful, busy Friday. Most Fridays are, for me, a day when I run the errands I've been unable to do during the week:  the banking, payroll, and shopping for odds and ends.  This week, after the saga of jury duty (which thankfully ended with the parties in the case in question settling and thus not needing our services), we discovered that some (insert expletive) pilfered a large sum of money from our bank account. The account we run our business from. Somehow, said scumbag acquired the number to my debit card and made a few purchases which, being completely out of step with those usually made by us, caused the bank to alert us. Thankfully, the alert arrived via email the same day the thief decided to make the fraudulent purchases and we called the bank to report the crime. While the bank was less than impressive with their initial handling of the situation, after a lengthy conversation with the Hubman they decided to open an investigation. In the meantime, I will keep checking our account via the Internet like a kid checking the mailbox for college acceptance letters.  



On a brighter note, we found someone of good qualifications to fix our slowly deteriorating roof. Hopefully, this will insure a dry season inside our home while the rainy season rages outside. At the moment, it sounds like Zeus is playing hopscotch on our roof and the Hub mentioned something about rubber roofing, a blowtorch, and the possible need of a fire extinguisher. I'm trying to have faith in a man who I'm sure is proficient in his trade, but I'm glad I have errands to run. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do ya think???