Friday, March 20, 2009

A Quick Hello

Lots and lots of stuff going on here. We got the house!!! Hooray!!!! We even got a visit from the original owner's daughter, who confirmed that "feeling" I'd gotten upon walking around the inside of the house that he really loved the place. I never felt anything of the most recent owners, but I felt something of the Judge's spirit there; maybe just old energy but, at any rate, the energy of the house has always been good, every time I've been inside. His daughter was visiting from New York and she and her husband were going to "old places", locales they'd frequented years back. It just happened that I was at the new house when they came strolling up the driveway. They seemed thrilled to be allowed back inside the house that once belonged to their parents/in-laws and I was thrilled to meet them. I enjoy learning about the history of places, and, as I said, I got such a good feeling when I first walked into this house that I wondered about the past owners. I'd even looked the Judge up online (there is a plaque that bears his name out by the lake behind the home), but the only information I'd been able to glean was that he was the first Jewish Judge ever elected in Broward County. Pretty cool!!!

So, today the tile man is laying the new floor down in the living room. My husband is over there, hard at work, helping to get the new porch enclosure finished up so we can paint, and I'm about to head out to pick up some filters for our salt water tank and a few things at the discount store. I feel a bit guilty that I'm not at the house, but there isn't much I can do over there right now (aside from be in the way, it seems) and my daughter is still getting over an ill she's had for the past couple of days. I'm reluctant to run her around too much; it's bad enough that we are meeting up with a friend for dinner tonight and might be out a tiny bit late. I am not feeling completely one hundred percent either. I have been dogged by fatigue over the past two days, probably the result of my body fighting off whatever this most recent invasion is. I wanted to do a ritual for Ostara (Vernal Equinox) today but did not have the energy for ritual this morning and will wait for a couple of days.

That said, Happy Ostara to those who celebrate the holiday, happy spring to everyone, and may the God/Goddess of your understanding bless you with the sparkle and power of successful new beginnings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do ya think???