Thursday, March 5, 2009

A Tentative Hooray!!!!

Woo hoo! We just received word that the financing came through on our new home. After the harrowing day Hubby and I both had yesterday (we have been trying to get this financing secured since November and were both at our wits' end by last night), we received word today that the Title company is set to close within forty eight hours. That means that we could possibly close tomorrow, which would be wonderful. Of course, it's not over 'til it's over, and I'm hesitant to be too excited about the whole deal just yet. Many times over the course of the past few months we have thought the deal was sealed, just to discover that the bank needed yet another document. These days when buying a home, the bank seems to just assume that everyone is criminal until they know otherwise. Every single bit of one's income is held up to the light, every document has to be verified as legitimate. I joked last night with one of the women at the bank that they now know more about us than our own families do. I'd been fairly certain all along that we would eventually be able to purchase this house. I always leave a few moments during my rituals when I stay quiet and listen for the Goddess to speak to me. This is how I learned what my working name is, and also how I was lead to a spiritual teacher (I had never heard of him before but found him online and communicated with him) who greatly assisted me with some spiritual dilemmas I was experiencing at the time. His words were exactly what I needed to get past some spiritual roadblocks which, at the time, seemed unsurmountable. Anyway, during the last ritual I performed, I was told that we would moving into this house, but that patience during the working phase between my husband and I will be very important. During all of the difficult moments of the past few weeks, I've thought often about this ritual, hoping that I didn't just think that I'd heard this affirmation. After all, this is something that I really wanted to happen and I had to be open to the fact that I just told myself that the Goddess was speaking to me and telling me that it would. But, I didn't think so. This great news comes one day after our landlady called me to say that she wants to show her townhouse (as soon as possible) so she can rent it after we move out. Not knowing if we would even have a home to move to, her text message threw me into a complete state of fear, and the depression which looms always in the shadowy corners of my mind was, by this morning, whispering its dark threats.

Soooo, I think I'm breathing normally again, at least for the time being. Hopefully nothing dreadful occurs before or at closing (who knows what they could come up with-we've been shocked by this whole process) to screw things up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do ya think???