Sunday, July 11, 2010

On Healthy Eating...

This morning I pulled on a pair of my favorite capris, only to find that they seemed to be quite a bit tighter than they were when last I wore them. I told myself that they were simply tight from being washed, but that fantasy has worn off, since now, a few hours later, they still feel tight. Oof.

I knew this day was coming; I've been noticing a little extra belly going on when I get undressed at night. I just didn't think things had gone quite this far. Now, it's time to start working out three times a week again (like I used to do before I started becoming the queen of workout slacking), start eating healthier, and start managing my portions better. I have no interest in becoming a size 2 runway model wannabe. At any rate, it would be impossible for me; I'm 5'5" and my bones would not allow me to be a size 2. Ever. Even when I was in junior high school I was a size 6, and I was thin then, and not fully matured in the hip department. What I would like is to be my ideal weight and shape, slim but curvy. This should be an achievable goal to reach, without the need for crazy, unhealthy dieting or questionably safe pills. I'm not willing to make myself sick for the sake of losing weight, and I don't mind if it takes time to get to where I want to be, so long as it happens eventually (though I'd like to start seeing results sooner than later). Tomorrow morning, I will get up at 5am and drive to the gym, just like I did on Friday. And, I will battle my sugar addiction in earnest!

Wish me luck, please...

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do ya think???