Monday, July 12, 2010

Time to Draw!!! Yay!!!!














My daughter's next door friend came over today, and they decided to have a craft day. They spent the day happily creating "aliens" from spoons, gluing weeds onto paper and creating picture gardens, and harvesting straws from juice boxes to create something I have yet to view.

This semi-free time meant that I, too, could create, and I gladly pulled out colored pencils, reference materials, and the drawing I've been working on. I've now completed the drawing phase and began laying down color.

I've been pleasantly amazed at the little spaces of time that have opened up here and there over the past few months. I've gone from not drawing at all to experiencing small (and sometimes large) chunks of time wherein I can create to my heart's content. I cherish it, especially after so much time away from doing my artwork on anything approaching a regular basis.

I can't help but wonder if buying that pad of Bristol board and forming a conscious and very definite decision to create has anything to do with my newfound "art time". When I purchased that pad, I knew I'd use it; somehow, the act of buying felt like it contained a tiny spark of magic. Since that day, I've decided on a series I'd like to create, and the time to work on it has been popping up, not everyday but enough to make me feel a bit more complete.

Magic isn't always about spells and organized rituals. It's something that can happen everyday, as we put heartfelt intention into our actions. It's an everyday part of life, if only we remain open to seeing it.


Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do ya think???