Sunday, January 23, 2011

Recap of a Week

I spent last weekend sick with the flu- at least, on Sunday. On Saturday, I was nursing either a cold or allergies (I'm not sure which, though I suspect I have an allergy or two that has yet to be identified). Sunday morning began with the sound of a muffled gunshot. Early in the morning, as I was headed to the bathroom, the sound drifted through my bedroom window. This is the sort of sound that is sometimes difficult to place, as a part of the brain doesn't want to acknowledge such a violent noise. I wasn't sure that it was actually the sound of gunfire until my husband told me later that our nearby neighbor had chosen to end his life that morning. At that point, I found the idea that I'd been a auditory witness to someone's suicide very disturbing.

By Tuesday I was feeling fairly healthy, but I decided to skip the gym for the week. Better to completely heal than to suffer a relapse. This is good for me- normally I make the wrong choice and push myself to my own detriment.

Saturday day was a happy day- a kids' party with my daughter at which I ran into a friend I hadn't visited with in a long time. On Fruday night we'd gone to the funeral- a predictably sad affair, but one that provided closure of some sort for me and hopefully for some of the many friends and family in attendance.

Saturday night was wonderful, hanging out with other witchy women! I had the opportunity to participate in the monthly full moon group and made a decision to join the Sisterhood and hopefully to embark on a very special spiritual journey.

Tomorrow, life returns to normal with an early morning at the gym. I hope everyone has a wonderful week!








- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do ya think???