Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A Little More Gardening


While my daughter played very happily with our next door neighbor today (spring break is afoot), I spent a little more time working on the fairy garden.  I laid down some good soil, created a "river" using aquarium pebbles (notice the moat around the castle), and planted some Cosmos behind the river.  I'm hoping they grow well there; the area is a partial shade place and Cosmos grow well in partially shaded gardens.  Since the flowers will mature to be on the tall side, I placed them behind the river area only; I will need to find ground cover flowers to put in front but I'm not sure what I want to use yet.

Having risen at 5:00a.m. and ran a little over two miles this morning as well as lifting some weights, I'm feeling a bit tired at this point.  I cleaned up around the yard, changed the nectar in the hummingbird feeder (but have yet to see a hummingbird still-hmph!), undog-pooped the yard, tended to the chickens, washed and folded clothes, and went grocery shopping.  I'd hoped to work on my Goddess piece but it seems I've run out of time.  The dog still needs to be walked and dinner has to be made (easy tonight-zucchini lasagna) and I'm determined to tuck the little one in on time tonight so I will have some time to relax.  And, just maybe, work on the Goddess piece.  

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do ya think???