Thursday, April 14, 2011

Yucky Viruses Attack

My little one has been sick, going on the third day now, with the latest virus that's been circulating.  It's the worst she's ever been sick, and my poor girl is miserable.  I've been very concerned about the possibility of dehydration, but she's managed to keep some fluids down over the past two days, and a bit of raspberry Jello (she claims that this is the only food which tastes good at the moment), so I'm not as worried about that as I was.  Still, any time our little ones are ill for an extended period of time, we worry and we hurt for them.  As for my husband and I, we're trying hard to stave this virus off, since neither of us can spend any real time laying about if we get sick.  The last time something like this hit me I had to wait until the weekend for it to completely manifest, since that's the only time I might be able to sleep for an extended period of time!

While my girl was sleeping yesterday afternoon, I spent some time walking around our yard snapping photographs.  Our pineapple tree now has a nice flower on top:
Our rose garden is also looking much better than it did a couple of months ago.  While most of the roses shriveled prior to my taking this picture, the bougainvillea are putting on a nice show.  It will take lots of time, patience and love to create a garden sanctuary full of flowers and green, and then hopefully a hurricane won't whip through and destroy it all.  Right now, it's fairly blissful:


That round glass ball is a solar powered light which changes colors after darkness falls.  We have a few of them poked here and there in the garden and I love them because they remind me of fairy lights at night.

Well, off to take care of my girl and try to fight off this feeling of sleepiness (which, I'm sure, is an indication that said virus is attempting to infiltrate the land of Mom). Have a great day, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do ya think???