Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Ready to Run!





Tickets for Disney have been purchased, the hotel has been booked, and soon the family and I will be happily wandering around in Walt's world of wonder. It amuses me that, in California, residents sometimes call Disney Land "the tragic kingdom". To me the nickname fits in well here to. I love going to Disney World, but Florida (at least where we live) is not my first choice of places to live and is certainly not the paradise some believe it to be. Of course, for the people laying such a claim, it might be. My version of a heavenly place would not include an absence of real seasons, inch long (and larger) cockroaches, one hundred percent humidity, and the sort of heat that wilts all forms of life suffering beneath it. But that's just me. I can't help but wonder if there aren't more people who agree with me but refuse to admit it because they spent so much time gloating to other people about how much better life was going to be once they moved here and now can't bear that they might have been wrong.

Anyway, today we'll try to figure out which park to visit (or parks- though we only have one day, so I'm not sure it's reasonable to assume we'll be park hopping). Sparkle Fairy is excited, as are we all (just escaping town for a couple of days is a joy-leaving the grind for some breathing time is refreshing). A friend is staying at our house to care for the animals and keep an eye on things. This gives me some sense of comfort as I intensely dislike leaving our dog at a kennel and am concerned by the crime which seems to be escalating around here. Just a few days ago one of our neighbors had his house robbed while it was covered and being treated for termites. He believes it was the actual workers who stole from his family and I have a feeling he's correct in this suspicion. I had a not so good feeling about them when I drove past the house and spied them draping the heavy tent over the place. I kept thinking that it would be easy for them to steal something but I shrugged it off. It's not like I could have stopped and admonished them, but it would've been amusing if I had and they'd been left to wonder how they'd been discovered. The problem with this scenario is that my gut feeling could've been wrong. My experience has been that it rarely is, but I still have trouble trusting it sometimes. We're so programmed to have faith only in what seems practical and to doubt that which defies reasonable explanation!

So, it's time to put down the coffee cup, catch a shower, and move forward with this day. As always, there is much to do and I'm already behind.

Blessings on your journey through the next 24!










No comments:

Post a Comment

What do ya think???