Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Morning

Our little one woke up late this morning to a gift from the Easter (Ostara) Bunny. Since she is with me all the time, I'd been unable to buy her a basket during the week, so my husband went out early this morning and purchased one at a store down the street, complete with a big chocolate bunny. The older our daughter gets, the more I feel the importance of sharing with her some of the traditions I enjoyed as a child, even though some of them are linked to religions that I don't particularly follow. Most of them aren't so difficult for me; many of the earlier Pagan traditions have been morphed into Christian ones, so concepts such as the Easter Bunny are easy for me to translate into my own belief system. The sun is shining outside, hubby is off at church, and I'm contemplating getting into the shower. Lazy Sundays are great, but if I don't get moving we won't end up doing anything at all today, and I plan on coloring eggs with my little one while hubby watches golf on t.v. I just can't watch golf-it would mean instant nap time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do ya think???