Thursday, April 9, 2009

New House

We've been in the new place for almost two weeks now. We are still wading through cardboard boxes and bags full of stuff, but slowly everything is coming together. I spent the better part of the morning cleaning off the fronts of the kitchen cabinets. Every one of them seems to have been splattered with something, inside and out, and cleaning them has proven to be quite a task. I still have boxes of kitchen items waiting to be unpacked, but have been unable to do so as yet because I've needed to clean out the cabinets where they will be housed. I hope today to have time to clean out the insides of the remaining cabinets so that I can get the kitchen set up the rest of the way. For me, once the kitchen is functional, everything else seems to fall into place.

I still have yet to do a blessing over the house. Since there were people working here for the first week, it would have been a bit awkward walking around the place with a candle and incense and speaking the words of blessing into every corner of every room! We still have some sheet rocking which needs to be laid on the walls of the new office, but other than that the major work has been completed, and it all looks fabulous. I'm super happy with our new abode, and so far have felt only good energy here. Still, I will do the blessing. Today would normally be a Full Moon Esbat day, but I'm reluctant to do any sort of ritual here until the blessing has been completed. Also, the curtains in our bedroom have yet to be hung, and my altar is in front of the east facing window of said room. No one is home next door today, that I know of, but I still feel a bit hesitant to conduct any spiritual practices in that room until I have a measure of privacy. While I have no intention of pretending I'm someone I'm not, I also don't feel the need to "put it all out there" to people who I'm fairly sure will not understand my religious leanings. No need to alienate the neighbors, particularly at this early juncture. They have kids my daughter enjoys romping around with, and they seem very nice besides that, and I'd like to keep peaceful feelings all around.

Peace and blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do ya think???