Thursday, March 22, 2012

It's Spring in South Florida





The arrival of spring in South Florida doesn't quite mean what it does in other parts of the country. While in other places the earth is just beginning to wake up, here the cooler weather is making a departure, soon to be replaced by the swelter of pre-summer. Still, I've been feeling inspired to garden; no matter how much time I've spent down here my inner clock is still programmed for New England time.




I've only done a little bit so far, but the front gardens at our house are beginning to shape up. My goal was to bring some color and life to the front yard, and we're on our way now. I'm still learning about gardening, both by trial and error and by reading. I love Martha Stewart Living for advice in this direction and have also been reading various books and online articles.




I have plans for the back yard as well. I would love to create a magical sitting place under the mango tree, but that will need to wait until after mango season. Sitting under the tree once the mangoes begin to drop is a risky venture.




And now, I'm off to pinch off some spent flowers! Have a blessed evening!

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do ya think???