Sunday, March 25, 2012

A Wonderful Women's Gathering





Last night I had the honor and joy of taking part in a gathering of amazing women under the starry sky of a South Florida spring. After an afternoon of work (I try to avoid working on Saturday but sometimes it's the only day the Hubs and I can get together to plow through paperwork, and we need to keep the money coming in if we want to keep living in our house), I stopped by the market to pick up a veggie tray. My plan had been to make falafel but the mixture kept falling apart so I finally shoved the bowl back into the fridge and gave up. I'll figure out how to make that work later; I didn't have time last night. Anyway, though I'd wanted to get to the gathering in time to help set up, I still arrived plenty early enough for everything else. The Sisterhood did a beautiful ritual and enjoyed some very special time together eating the food we all brought and talking and sharing stories and poetry. Driving home, I thought about how a few years ago I would've been too nervous to attend a gathering like this one. It's terrible the lies we tell ourselves and the untruths we buy from others, falsehoods that keep us from finding true companionship, acceptance, and a deep sense of joy, spirituality, and belonging. I drove home still feeling the love of the group all around me, as one of the women there said, like a protecting and nurturing womb.

It's amazing, wonderful, and powerful what saying "yes" to life can help us accomplish.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do ya think???