Monday, August 31, 2009

Getting Ready for Our Trip to LA

It's a busy Monday here today. I'm multi-tasking as usual, blogging, eating lunch, making phone calls. It's my goal to have all the loose ends of our business tied up before we leave. I don't want to be in Louisiana worrying that something isn't right here in Florida. A reflection of the tough economic times, the liability insurance carrier we were using went bankrupt; we need to carry liability insurance in order to operate. This means that I need to have another carrier in place as soon as possible, so that when a new permit needs to be issued or a contractor calls to ask us to send them a copy of the certificate, we're legal. This is a frustrating turn of events, since we just recently became clients of said bankrupt company. I'm sure they were aware of the dire straits their company was in; I'm not sure whether our agent had any idea. I'm also unsure as to whether we will ever receive back any of the money we paid to the insurance carrier. Whatever the case, I'm hoping to have at least part of this issue resolved by day's end today.

Also on today's agenda is a trip to the library with my little one. She has been patient with me thus far, but we will need to get out of the house soon. We have books that are due back, and I'd like to borrow some new ones before our trip. I'm not crazy about my most recently borrowed two books (they aren't as informational as I'd hoped they'd be), and we've read all of my little one's books several times over. I have most of my paperwork completed. The only thing standing in the way between us and the door is this nasty little liability insurance issue.

A grey squirrel just ran along our back fence, happily basking in the sunshine. Wouldn't it be nice to be a squirrel just for one day? Provided you didn't run into a pack of hungry dogs, it would be such a happy, carefree afternoon!

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear, I expect you've gone now and I wanted to say have a good trip. I nearly emigrated to Louisiana about 13 years ago, to Baton Rouge. But it didn't work out, obviously!

    CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with everything, & have a great time on your trip.

    ReplyDelete

What do ya think???