Saturday, August 8, 2009

Another Fun Saturday


I haven't posted in a little while, mostly because I've been so busy with trying to get myself organized for our upcoming school year (we start homeschool kindergarten this year!!), trying to further my spiritual life, and contemplating just how it is I'm going to start a new art project. I really really need to get back into some creative activities. I remember reading something that Van Gogh once said about how painters have to paint; there isn't a real choice-they paint or they suffer horribly for not doing so. That statement rang true for me when I first read it, and at no time in my life has it felt more real than now, when time is in short commodity and staying centered and focused is usually challenging, at best. Add to my artistic angst a deep seated need I've been assaulted with lately, a need to connect with other witchy women. I suppose that "assault" isn't really a good word to desribe this need. It's more of a nudge. As soon as I realized that I was ready to truly dedicate my life in the direction of the Goddess, I became endowed with a deep desire to live the truth of this path in my life. This is easier when one is involved with a good group of women with whom to share parts of this journey. Since our way of life is not the norm, having others with whom to laugh, tell stories, share experiences (both good and bad), work rituals, etc., is such a valuable thing. Recently, I contacted a local temple, but I have not received a response back with regard to meeting the women there. I know that when the time is right, the group that is best for me, and for whom I'm going to best, will show itself.

For now, I have a popped balloon crisis to deal with. It seems that our German Shepherd puppy thinks breaking balloons with his sharp new teeth is great fun. Unfortunately, my little daughter does not enjoy this type of revelry!!!!

1 comment:

  1. It is so hard to find a group of women that you have that connection with. Since having my son I have been on the same search. I have been thinking about going to the UU church. I grew up going to a UU church and now most of them have CUUPS (Coven of Unitarian Universalist Pagans. I have been kicking around checking that out. Maybe there is one in your area.

    ReplyDelete

What do ya think???