Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Hanging Out at Mom's




Ah, Massachusetts! After months of dreaming, I now find myself a week into my vacation with Sparkle Fairy and already sad at the thought of having to part from my New England homeland soon. Too soon. We arrived here just in time for the storm, but it seemed the energy of Irene only heightened my senses. I feel incredibly connected here and my nature girl instincts have been renewed. The Higher Power must, indeed be both mother and father, life and death.

This morning I spent some time pouring over Better Homes and Garden while pouring coffee happily down my gullet. Inspiration for fall decorating and celebrating abounds within these pages, and my own artistic muses are poking me in the shoulder. Of course, I keep trying to think of ways to turn my talents into a job that allows me to be home in MA more often. I really want to come home (have I mentioned that!). In the interim, I'm also seeking inspiration and ideas that will make Florida a more fun and happy experience. We'll be busy when we return, with a new homeschool year beginning and business (thankfully) booming.

We've done some fun things since we've been here, such as Roger Williams Zoo with my aunt. Some of the best moments, however, have been spent just talking with my Mum in her light filled kitchen. I'm so aware these days of times quick passage, which causes me to long for home even more. I wonder how many more of these precious visits we'll have. I feel almost desperate for time with my family, and once a year doesn't afford me the time I want and need to see every member.

We're on Tuesday now. The weather is gloomy, in touch with my saddened but hopeful spirit. Today I think we'll paint magnets with bright colors and sparkles- gifts for Mum when she returns home from work this evening. I'm focused on today, right now, and the journey of the next few hours.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do ya think???