Saturday, September 10, 2011

Some Last Visits





It's Saturday, sunny, and warm. This morning my best friend came by to visit. He stayed to help us make a stepping stone with my daughter's handprint pressed in. Then he was on his way, and I was sad. Time passes too quickly, always, and the time gone can never be retrieved and relived. I'm in a melancholy mood today.

Tomorrow is 9/11, and the girl and I will be traveling. 'Tis a sad day for the events that took place; events that stole away loved ones and shook the foundations of our security. I'll be thinking about this more tomorrow, reflecting not only on the day but on the importance of not allowing one's heart to be hardened by the evil deeds of others. Evil tends to breed more evil when it's nurtured. We win, sometimes, by refusing to give in to that little voice within that whispers revenge. But it's not about winning, really. It's about breaking the cycle of pain.

May we all share love tomorrow, life thoughts rather than curses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do ya think???