Monday, March 21, 2011

Happy Ostara




Ostara was actually yesterday, but I thought I'd wish everyone a happy anyway, since the weekend saw me too busy to blog, or even to turn on a computer, for that matter. I created a basket yesterday for our daughter; Target is a wonderful place to find inexpensive and fun seasonal items like bubbles in carrot shaped containers and butterfly shaped sidewalk chalk. I was able to create a basket much nicer than the ones I've seen for sale already made, filled with the types of candy and items Sparkle Girl will love. When I arrived home I snuck into our back office and happily assembled it a watchful eye on the door.

The basket was a hit (yay!) and we still have eggs to color, which is a yearly tradition here in our home. I purchased a kit yesterday and stuck it into the basket, thinking it might be the easiest route to take. I'd considered using food coloring and plain old crayons for the resist designs, but this kit has stickers. What little girl doesn't love stickers? The PAAS company knows what it's doing as far as marketing.

Last night Hub and I went out and saw Red Riding Hood and it did not dissapoint. Gary Oldman is one of my favorite actors, and as I developed an intense hatred last night for the character he played in this movie, I remembered why. Amanda Siegfried was enchanting, the scenery was amazing, and the ending offered a surprising plot twist. I highly recommend seeing it. When we came out of the movie and approached the motorcycle, I noticed that my helmet was filled with tiny white flowers. We'd parked under a graceful tree of a very feminine form, and she'd showered us with beautiful spring flowers. Laughing with pleasure, I thanked her and looked up at her branches. In the softening light of early evening, bees remained hard at work collecting their daily store from her abundant blossoms. As we drove away, I reflected that when one begins to acknowlege the sacredness of nature, one will begin to see the sacred and special everywhere.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do ya think???