Thursday, March 24, 2011

Old Friends and Loved Ones




I had a conversation with a close friend today regarding an old love of hers and friend of mine. This man passed just a few months ago, but his presence is still being felt in a very real way by a few people with whom he was close. I find this comforting, on some level. L wasn't sure if there was anything else "out there" before he died, and I imagine he's tickled pink to discover that he can still communicate with some of the people he cares about.

I have had quite a few paranormal experiences in my lifetime so far, most benign, a few kind of scary. Not really understanding how to use this gift for a helpful purpose can be frustrating. Had I someone with whom I could talk about what was happening, that scary part of one of my experiences could probably have been handled better. I absolutely believe that those of us who are sensitive are more likely to attract spirit activity/communication, and it's helpful to know how to handle situations involving spirits who are angry and in a place of emotional torment. As well, it's helpful to know the situation from which they came. In this instance I'd made some false assumptions and added to the element of distress. Those errors were revealed, but I still wasn't sure how to handle the fear, rage and sense of betrayal this man had felt during his last living moments. I tried my best but felt a sense of failure. In the end, one always has the option of shutting off. I found it necessary to close the lines of communication down because I was becoming too upset with what this man was telling me. Without getting into the whole story, I believe that I was contacted by the spirits of a couple who used to live across the street from our former home. The couple's lives ended in a murder/suicide, and the husband (who, it turned out, was the victim) was not at peace and wanted someone to know this. In great detail.

Lately, I've been sensing a presence in our current house. I don't have a bad feeling about it (unlike in our old place) but I don't know who it is, either. Unlike any of my previous experiences, in this instance I've been noticing soft shadows, almost more of a disturbance in the air than anything like what one would see in an actual human shadow. I get a feeling that if I only looked hard enough for long enough, I'd actually see a form materialize. I know who the home's previous owners were and have felt their energy here, but it was like the warmth of grandparents and not the least bit frightening. I don't think it's either of them who is here now. I'm not even certain that what I've felt of them here isn't just residual energy, as opposed to actual spirit manifestation. With this newest presence, I feel something different. I haven't yet decided for sure whether or not I'm okay with whoever it is hanging around.




Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do ya think???