Monday, July 13, 2009

Monday Again???


It's hard to believe that the weekend is already over. We decided to forgo our road trip for another week; I'd forgotten that we had a Spiral Scouts meeting (which ended up being canceled) and so we stayed in town. Hubby decided to try his hand in a local golfing tournament, and I took our little one on a library adventure. Two of the local libraries had events planned, so we first attended a magic and puppet show, complete with live bunnies. After the show, the kids had an opportunity to hold the fuzzy little creatures while they snuggled in little cloth pouches which I guess are designed to keep the rabbits feeling safe. My little one kept him carefully positioned in her lap, almost afraid to touch him for fear of letting him fall. I finally convinced her to pat him and he was so so soft! After this show, we drove over to another nearby library, where a guy who goes by the name Billy Joe Bob performed his own show. He played guitar, sang a Dr. Suess book (Green Eggs and Ham) and did his best to get the kids involved. Most of the children were shy, but my daughter got right up front and sang her own cute rendition of the ABC song all by herself. She was one of only two kids who got up there and sang and I was so proud of her bravery! So much for homeschooled children not being socialized.....

On Friday, we attended our first doggie training class with The Pooch. The woman teaching the class was wonderful-she has a warm personality and even brought her own dog to the class. Our doggie enjoyed chasing the other puppy around, although he seemed quite smitten by her and was disappointed by her aloof behavior. I suppose she was playing hard to get. It was nice to know that we have been doing things correctly as far as how we've been raising the dog. The teacher informed me that we are "miles ahead of most people". Hooray!!!! All of those books I've been reading have been helping, apparently. At one point, she told me that it's good to hug the dog and give him treats while doing so. She added that since most people don't hug their dogs, they aren't used to being hugged when small children grab them (as small children will) and so it's good to get them accustomed to this sort of thing. I laughed and told her I hug our dog all the time, so I don't think that will be a problem. It never occurred to me that everyone wouldn't do this. How can somebody not hug such a sweet creature???

Today is a new Monday. I'm not sure what we're going to do today. I was feeling a bit under the weather yesterday and still feel tired today, so the gym is out until tomorrow. Maybe I'll take my little one and let her run around at the mall or something. It's difficult finding inexpensive things to do around here, and with money tight I need to be careful. We might go on an adventure later in the week, but today I'm trying to keep things simple. With this heat, it's difficult to be outside for any length of time.

Happy Monday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do ya think???