Thursday, July 16, 2009

My First Group Ritual

Hooray!!!!! Tonight I finally gathered up my courage and attended a local study group at the UU Church. I've considered attending such meet ups in the past, but always felt shy about going alone. Since my dedication, however, I've been in bad need of fellowship with others of like mind and heart, and this felt like the right place to begin. While the internet has been a great jumping off point as far as communication with other Pagans, it doesn't offer the closeness of honest to goodness face to face contact. In this group, I found some fun, interesting people with similiar beliefs to mine. This was the first time I've ever identified myself as a witch in public, and it was amazing! Coincidentally (or maybe not), I ended up sitting directly behind the High Priestess, who possesses a wonderful energy.

After the study group, we all went outside to a beautiful clearing surrounded by trees behind the church. There, in the quiet of the night, we lit a bonfire and conducted an invocation which corresponded to the topic of the study group. There was such a positive, amazing energy in that ritual. I walked away from it tingling, with a feeling of renewal and happiness that left me eager to return. At first the feeling was so powerful that I wasn't sure I'd grounded my energy enough, but as I drove home I realized that this is what it feels like to stand in a group and raise power with other people Wow!!! I'm blown away by the experience, and so glad that I finally stepped out of the comfort of my own little altar space (which is still a beautiful and special place to be!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do ya think???